Your Residence Card (Zairyu card) must be renewed within 30 days of the expiry date printed on the card, after a period of 5 to 7 years.
- 7 years for permanent residents.
- 5 years for the spouse or child of a Japanese national.
IMMIGRATION – Zairyu Card Renewal Procedure
- 1 3 X 4cm photo
- Zairyu Card
- Fill in the ZAIRYU CARD application form. You can take the form already filled out, click on the button below to download the form in PDF.
- Documents for the renewal of the permanent visa (this last item is not necessary for those who have a permanent visa).
- If you cannot go in person (due to illness or other reasons), a family member over 16 years of age who lives at the same address can make the request (take the medical certificate), or a responsible person with power of attorney. In the case of power of attorney, fill in the application form and bring it along with the power of attorney.