Home NewsJapan News Child Allowance – Jido Teate

Child Allowance – Jido Teate

0 comment 1.918 views

Child Aid (Jido Teate – 児童手当) is the Japanese government’s aid system to preserve a child’s future and healthy development. Child support is a benefit granted to parents who have children from 0 to 15 years old, and the amount depends on the number of children, age and income.

The aid will be paid to parents or guardians with registration of resident within the Japanese territory who are supporting the children.

It is necessary to apply for Child Assistance at the City Hall application desk together with the required documents. After verification and approval, aid will be paid to the applicant.

Documents Required for the Request:

  • Inkan – Personal stamp.
  • Applicant’s health insurance card.
  • Applicant’s bankbook (for child support deposit).
  • Zairyu Card of the applicant and the child.
  • Passport of applicant and child.

※ Depending on the prefecture, other documents may be requested.

Who is entitled to receive Child Aid:

  • All children aged 0 to 15 years (who are living in Japan).
  • The father, mother or guardian who is supporting children up to the age of 15 (who reside in Japan).

The monthly amount of the aid differs depending on the beneficiary’s previous year’s income

Beneficiary whose previous year’s income is less than the determined amount:

  • All children 0-3 incomplete: 15.000 yen.
  • From 3 years old to 12 years old, completion of ¨Shougakkou¨ Primary school (1 or 2 children): 10.000 yen.
  • From 3 years old to 12 years old, completion of ¨Shougakkou¨ Primary school (3 children onwards): 15.000 yen.
  • All children aged 12 to 15 years old, ¨Chuugakkou¨ High School: 10.000 yen

Beneficiary whose income from the previous year is greater than the determined amount:

  • Children under 15: 5.000 yen.

Aid Payment Day:

Payment of Child Aid will be made 3 times a year (June, October, February) equivalent to the previous 4 months. Child support will be paid into the account of the holder who is supporting the child.

  • June (referring to February, March, April and May).
  • October (referring to June, July, August and September).
  • February (referring to October, November, December and January).

Responsible sector:

Child Care Support Sector (Kosodate shien ka).

5/5 - (3 votes)

You may also like

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.